Tuesday 28 May 2013

MONACO

Last weekend (ended yesterday) Formula 1 grand prix was held in Monaco, in the streets of Monte Carlo. I love this race, the atmosphere although I just watch it from my home. It's really special occasion for all fans of motorsport who I of course am.

But something (un)expected happened to me. You know .. I always discover someone (driver) who's fancied by me and I start to support him and he become my favorite. So .. on Wednesday GP2 qualifying was on but I didn't watch it cause I didn't have time (probably, I can't remember). But at the end of the day I saw a photo from press conference. Oooh .. Mitch Evans. You can think that this fact is absolutely unnecessary and that I'm wasting my time. But for me it's important. I already have so many favorites from nearly all sports! Yes, I'm incredible :D

Okay Mitch qualified second, right behind his team-mate Johnny Ceccotto (I don't like him). And you know, it's almost impossible to overtake in the streets in Monaco but I was keeping my hope Mitch would be on the podium. And the race 1 was held on Thursday at 11:15. In the morning I was in town and I needed to be at home on time. Fortunately I managed it. So I switched the PC on, found live stream on Sky Sports F1 with brilliant commentary by Will Buxton and Jerôme d'Ambrosio. Due to damaged barriers the start was postponed to 11:30. Okay I was really excited but also quite nervous. The lights were on! Mitch showed perfect start, I was hugely proud of him :) But right in the first corner, Sainte Devote, Johnny Ceccotto went straight into the barrier. BUT ... I think the half of drivers followed him - domino effect. You can imagine ...


This photo (my own screen) is not so good cause it's after red flag but .. :D :)


This is video of the crash ... much better than my screenshot! :D

However, Mitch was leading and, as I've said, they stopped it with red flag. I was furious. Once Mitch is first and they stop it. On the other hand Mitch was on pole for the restart. My hope was still alive. The restart itself was held at 12:10 (!!!) and behind Safety car. Just one lap.

In the end Mitch finished on third place :) I was so nervous last four laps when he had to defend his position ahead Felipe Nasr. It was such a pleasure to see him on the podium ALTHOUGH he looked a bit disappointed. His smile wasn't true. I know he wanted to win.

And on Saturday he started from sixth place. I didn't expect he could be on the podium but (!) he made it! AGAIN he had to defend his third position ahead Felipe Nasr (quite funny) and he managed it. THAT was the right Mitch on the podium! :) He was smiling and visibly happy and satisfied.

So this is my best memory from Monaco weekend :D I can't help myself! :D But the F1 race was quite nice. Nico Rosberg deserves his win really much.

And since these two GP2 races I have started looking forward to another GP2 weekend BUT .. I must wait whole month!! I'll cry .. :'(

I have never imagined that my first article on this blog would be about Mitch Evans. So at least you got to know my weakness :D

Love ya all and will try to add another THOUGHT ;)))

No comments:

Post a Comment